Tuesday, September 28, 2004

BLOW ME
All these hurricanes make me feel like I live on a bowling alley. Jeanne was annoying for a day (started at 2AM and went until 5PM), but amazingly, we never lost power. Brighthouse cable went out and with that internet access, but this was probably the least annoying of the three hurricanes that have hit us this summer. The weirdest result - the trees around here are turning winter bare, having lost all their leaves in the storms. I don't suspect that's going to change before spring.

Natalie and I watched CRUMB tonight. When I saw that in a theater years ago, it felt energizing and funny. Tonight it felt depressing and perverse. Still good, but every laugh was suspect. Maybe it's harder to laugh at people who you know are going to kill themselves within a year after the camera stops.

No comments: